Sunday, October 19, 2008

Reaction to Racists for Obama

Is this 2009 or have I teleported back in time fifty years? I think it is extremely embarracing that many people and in many places throughout the country have not moved forward with the times. For someone to say that the ecomony is more important than race so they will vote and essentailly allow him to become president is ubsurd. A women from this article written by Ben Smith says, and I quote, "I wouldn't want a mixed marriage for my daughter, but I am voting for Obama". Let me get this straight. The logic of these extremely closed minded (I would assue right winged) people is that a black man is not good enough for their precious child but when it comes to being the leader of our country he will be okay. I am not surprised by the racist slurs and insults, I am surprised that these people are undecided. If you choose to support your candidate you do it 100%. These people believe that Obama is the best choice for our country, and have stated this, yet they still see race. This is simply my opinion and nothing more, but I think these people can keep their votes, and the real supporters will prevail.

No comments: